In an effort to purge my belongs and streamline processes I find myself in the midst of an embarrassing conundrum. I am hoarding appliances.
It’s not all my fault, but most of it is.
Sitting in various rooms of my house are:
- Spiralizer in the box – I went a little zoodle happy for a while, but apparently I’ve moved through that phase.
- Instant Pot – I bought one for my brother so he returned the favor. It’s awesome – I’ve heard – but I’ve only used it once.
- BlendTec – my brother just sent this to me for my birthday, I mean just and I’m super excited to use it.
- Electric teapot – I purchased it for my mother for Christmas but was never able to give it to her.
- Sonicare Toothbrush – to be fair, it’s replacing one that became possessed a few months back.
- Composter – Not technically an appliance, but kind of. I couldn’t wait to get one to put all my cast offs from juicing (another appliance, but a few years old and oft used) and summer salad making. Oh, and, coffee, yet it sits unassembled on the patio dining table.
It’s a problem. I am hoping that I can integrate each of these items into their proper places and perhaps discard some things lurking under forgotten counters to maintain some sort of stuff balance, but that remains to be seen.
Did I mention the external CD drive still in the box on my desk?
We are planning a kitchen remodel for this year so there will be a huge purge. And there will also be a tad more cabinet space that I vow not to fill just because it’s there.
I can’t make any promises for Larry though. He seems to have an allergic reaction to empty space in cabinets or on counters, any flat surface really. Maybe by then he will have purged his two spaces and crossed over to the bliss of organization side.